Monday, March 30, 2015

Assemble an oracle deck


When I decided to create an oracle deck in 1992, and all during the time I painted the images and learned how to use the Journey Oracle cards, it never occurred to me that I would have to assemble an oracle deck.  The design of the box, the fit of the books and the cards into the box, the sturdiness of the sleeve so the box could be mailed--the research was interesting and the decisions fun.  


But this is what the project looks like on my office table. Many separate parts that each require remembering how things fit. Lots of folding and counting. Finally the assembling.


47 oracle cards in 4 suits become 250 sets of oracle cards from walking around and around a table.


And then more walking around and around a table again because all four suits will not fit at once on any table I have.


All the other parts--the sleeves and tray liners and books and boxes and download cards--have to find an organized place to wait their turn for assembly.


Yet finally the decks are collated, the boxes filled, the sleeves fitted, and the 2nd edition of the Journey Oracle is ready to be out in the world.


When you see a Journey Oracle deck in your favorite Metaphysical book store, or order one online from my web store, remember that every card, and every part to hold and help you read the cards, has been personally touched by me.  And this is just as it should be.  Every part, and every part between the part, is whole.