Friday, February 5, 2016

Birthday Oracle reading for yearly insight

Yesterday on my birthday I conducted a Journey Oracle reading to gain insight into this coming year.  Besides using my Journey Oracle deck for clarity about the situations that confound me, I often refer to the Destiny Cards.  This year the King of Spades, the highest card of mastery in that deck, is my long range card. The long range card over-arches, like an umbrella, all aspects of inner perception and outer action. So this felt like an excellent moment to gain perspective about my year ahead.


The Celtic tree card 36 representing Muin or Vine is the card of my situation for the year.  I first notice that this old woman with the serene gaze is upside down.  Maybe this is the Oracle of my year because it's time to turn things upside down.  When I read its message I found this question:
What key are you using to open the door that cannot be locked? Isn't that a question worthy of a King's pondering.


Card 45 from the Journey suite in the oracle deck is the card of my experience.  Although full of confusion and glimmers of animals and birds, slowly my eye sees a figure on the left being carried by these unclear animal forces.  I am such a strong organizer and planner, yet in this image I feel I am being shown to accept not knowing. Be willing to be carried someplace without a map.


This Journey card 8 is an image of the change that is calling me.  Another image of confusion and uncertainty, yet I do see a dark witch face on the right, breathing yellow into the messy area.  This card represents the East with its qualities of Air: mentality, analysis, clarity, exactitude.  Yellow is a happy, joyful color associated with optimism and hope, symbolizing courage and personal power.
What an important change to cultivate.

 

Another Journey suite card 15 representing Vision is the image of my resolution in this Oracle reading. I see a face within fluidity and surrounded by allies. This feels like an image of how to bring together the other three aspects of the reading: the situation, my experience and change.  The question accompanying this card is. Is there a tendency to serve self more than others?  Unfortunately, when I am honest with myself the answer is Yes.  This card is showing be to be "all in," to be one of many. The title of the fairy tale associated with this card is BEING FOOD.

That's a pretty good suggestion for this coming year.  And isn't that the highest vibration of Kingship? To nurture what lives within the landscape of the Kingdom's protection and influence.