Saturday, August 4, 2018

Support your local artists

Art is about vision.  About understanding our experiences in the world.  Art is about being human, and sometimes more-than-human.  Here is a tour of the artists who participated in the annual members show at the Old School House Gallery on Cortes Island, arranged with some of my favorite art quotes.

        

I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say 
any other way--things I had no words for. 
Georgia O'Keefe

     

The purpose of art is mystery.
Rene Magritte

     


Art doesn't have to be pretty. 
 It has to be meaningful. 
Duane Hanson

     

    

Art is about paying attention.
Laurie Anderson

     

     

I like to make an image that is so simple
you can't avoid it,
and so complicated
you can't figure it out.
Alex Katz

     

     


True art lies in a reality that is felt.
Odilon Redon

     

     

I want to die painting. 
Paul Cezanne


Go to a community gallery.  
Support your local artists.  
Tell them the Journey Oracle sent you.