Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oracle reading for 2011

I asked the question: "What do I most need to pay attention to in 2011?" Here is the Journey Oracle card I drew. This image is one of my favorite paintings in the oracle deck, but I felt dismayed that the elegant creature seemed to be lying on its side. I wanted to turn the card upright but realized the question has an even stronger impact because of my discomfort with the orientation. There seems to be so many messages telling us who we are these days. We are the ones who have ruined everything; we are the ones who need to fix everything; we are the cause of every problem and the hopeful version of every solution. But do we realize who we are?


I then asked, "What do I least need to pay attention to in 2011." I drew this oracle card. For me this image is about the hunger of desiring something more or different beyond the blessings of health, home, service, kindness and community that I already enjoy. May I remember these blessings in every year.

I did turn the first card upright and immediately saw the creature made of the red matter of this earth, surrounded by the cascading blue flow of the spirit realm. I will try and remember this question throughout the year; remembering that these red and blue realms are not separate, but are the mix in all life that makes the power of purple. May we who have so much work free from the hunger of craving more, and in the peace that comes when this inner wanting is quiet, may be realize who we truly are.