Friday, July 15, 2016

Use heart based consciousness with Oracle cards

I have discovered an exciting new way to read Oracle cards using heart-based consciousness.  I have been reading Stephen Buhner's The Secret Teachings of Plants and decided to try his heart-based perception technique to do an oracle card reading.  I made these notes to myself.

Look at the object
Gazing not scrutinizing                                                                                                                              Take in color, form, space.
Feel eyes soft-focus,                                                                                                                                Feel heart rate slow, 
Come into sensation of inner awareness
How does the object feel?
Do not dismiss, edit or doubt what I am feeling.

I am soon to present a workshop at Hollyhock, a retreat center on Cortes Island, with my friend and fellow shamanic traveler Ann Mortifee.  I decided to conduct an Oracle card reading about our workshop called Known, Unknown and Unknowable.  


This first card represents the situation--the complexity of presenting this exciting and challenging topic. As I gazed I saw many possibilities, a small paw, something opening, hooks. 
I turned my attention inward and felt tight, short of breath, a raised temperature.  Quite the recommendation for needing to plan a way into nature's mystery, the source of all that is known, unknown and unknowable. 


The second oracle card represents my experience in this situation. I saw being eaten, a mad mouse, a comical bug, many antennae. Looks like many other-than-human beings are checking in to this event.  I felt slight upset, hollowness.  This seems a message to be impeccable in my integrity when planning how participants might communicate with the other side. 


The third oracle card shows the change that is trying to find me.  After I gaze at this image I write intensity, snake or stick?, awareness of detail, edges.  The phrase "snake or stick?" really calls to me.  This is often the example given for that moment when our conscious mind cannot decide what it is seeing: threat or safety.  I feel inner awareness, opening, full breathing.  These feelings are a considerable change from those that came with the first two cards.  This change is calming, welcoming.  I do know the language of nature, and am able to help others listen and speak well. 


The fourth oracle card represents the resolution, or happy ending, to the situation.  I see soft colors, artistic facility, grace.  Yet, when I come into inner awareness and ask "How does this card feel?" I note these sensations: sleepy, shallow breathing, a need to go deeper.  What good advice from this Journey Oracle experience with heart-based consciousness for accessing the known, unknown and unknowable. Stay awake,  Take full breaths. Go deep.